Team

We put the “Eye” in Team

Daniel J Koch, OD

Dr. Dan Koch graduated from The Ohio State University College of Optometry and completed a hospital-based residency at the Veterans Administration in Chillicothe and Columbus. While in his residency, he also served as a clinical instructor at The OSU College of Optometry.

A lifelong resident of Ohio, Dr. Koch grew up in Northeast Ohio near Akron. He owned a private practice near Cleveland until 1994 when he joined an Ophthalmology group practice with emphasis on refractive and cataract surgery in Sandusky, Ohio.

Dr. Koch founded Columbus Eyeworks in the year 2000 at the corner of 4th Avenue and High Street. He was instrumental renovating the current location for Columbus Eyeworks at 25 W. Hubbard Avenue. Dr. Koch is a member of the Short North Alliance, avid kayaker, snow skier, and enthusiastically supports the arts in Central Ohio. The year 2020 marks 40 fantastic years for Dr. Koch’s lifetime work in Optometry and 20 years with Columbus Eyeworks!

Ryan Hays

Licensed Optician/Manager

Ryan returns to Columbus Eyeworks after working with the OSU College of Optometry as a Team Leader and Instructing Optician in their Dispensary for over 6 years. He enjoys working with patients and helping select great eyewear. Ryan has extensive knowledge of the latest lens technologies and loves recommending the perfect lens solutions tailored to our patients.

Adrienne Clingerman

Optometric Technician/Assist. Manager

Adrienne has been in the optical field since 2009. She has extensive experience and enjoys patient interaction. Adrienne always has a smile and is eager to help clients find the perfect sunwear or eyewear as well as select the perfect lenses suited for the task at hand.

Linda Michael

Insurance Coordinator

Linda has been with Columbus Eyeworks since July 2001. She works on Saturdays, usually behind the scene, and is our expert in insurance processing.

Columbus Eyeworks History

Columbus Eyeworks was established in the year 2000 at 4th Avenue and High Street in the Short North Arts District. The award-winning Columbus Eyeworks neon sign is a replica shape of the old 1953 Caravan Bar sign that predated Eyeworks at that location.

We made the transition along with our signature sign to our new home at 25 W Hubbard Avenue in early 2009. The new office is larger to accommodate our tremendous growth and to serve clients more effectively. Our renovated space occupies one quarter of what used to be the service garage for the Winders Motor Company. Winders Chevrolet was supposedly the oldest Chevrolet dealer in the State of Ohio and was cited in two Columbus Dispatch articles from 1939 and 1942 as the oldest continuously operating agency at that time in the USA.

Since our inception, we have integrated with the arts community of Central Ohio. Our creative advertising is designed to highlight and support the major arts organizations of Columbus. We have always collaborated with galleries and local artists by displaying their works for the delight of our patrons.